ABOUT US EVENTS MINISTRIES CONNECT MEDIA GIVING
OUR HISTORY
North Rome is a church with a rich heritage in the city of Rome. As early as 1913, there has been a presence in the city of Rome for God. Beginning in a tent on the corner of Calhoun and North Avenues, our predecessors met and worshipped by the light of lanterns and oil lamps. 1919 brought an official organization into the Church of God headquartered in Cleveland, TN. The church began on Callahan Street in a white frame building and remained there until the early 1930s. During the 1930s, a new building was built and later extensively remodeled to match a new educational building. The Church of God in Rome remained there until the spring of 1961.

Paul Stover, pastor during 1961, led the growing church to build a new sanctuary and educational facilities on North Broad Street.  With the leadership of Pastor Stover and other pastors such as J. Frank Culpepper and S.A. Luke, the church was able to manage the debt, and in March 1981, a special service was held to burn the mortgage, signifying that the Church of God at North Rome was debt-free.

A new sanctuary was built at North Broad Street in 1990 by Pastor W. A. Bingham. A balcony and larger lobby were added in the next year along with a new gym. North Rome Church of God continued on at the same location until the present time with only minor upgrades to accommodate the crowds coming to hear the Gospel. The Autumn of 2011 brought a series of physical and technical upgrades, under the leadership of Pastor Harold Jones, to further prepare
North Rome for delivering the Gospel into the 21st century. In November of 2013, Pastor Terry Addis began a new era at North Rome, one of a new determination to reach the community of Rome for Christ. As each new year dawns upon us, we are again inspired to honor the past by leading the church into the future.

PICS FROM OUR PAST







ABOUT US | EVENTS | MINISTRIES | CONNECT | MEDIA | GIVING
Contact our church office with questions about our church or this site.